In an effort to keep on top of my wips I’m having a monthly round up of my ongoing wips, whether I’ve made any progress on them over the past month or not. (August round up)
So in no particular order.
- A new sock design. The first sock is within one round of being cast off, I’ll knit the second, grade the pattern, get it tech edited and put it out for test knitting, hopefully by the end of next month. They’re being worked out of West Yorkshire Spinners Signature sock yarn in the Cardamom colour. I adore this yarn for sock knitting, I used the nutmeg colour way to knit a sample of my Abscission Sock pattern. This Cardamom colour is my very favourite colour and was given to me for my birthday by the children. I’m knitting a me sized sample, and I’m really hoping to have these finished and photographed by the end of Autumn so that I can wear them this Winter.
- This is a new work in progress this month.It’s Comodo by Nicola Susen that I’m knitting in Sirdar Nomad a deep stash soft and fluffy bouclé;not at all the recommended fingering or lace weight yarn recommended. However t’s so light and airy, and I’m very happy with how it’s turning out. I’ve split for the sleeves and am about 5cm down into the body.
- I’ve made no progress at all on these; More eye searing socks These are 2×2 rib socks for my eldest son with size 9 (UK) feet. This is the second pair of socks (first pair) that I’m knitting from Regia fluormania and Regia Creativ that is very deep stash. and I’ve stalled for ages on the second sock of this pair. They’ll have afterthought heels when I finally get to the end of them.
- No progress on these either. Bigger on the inside These are spiral tube socks for my eight year old boy with size 3 (UK) feet. They are 64 stitches worked in a spiral rib, with 2×2 ribbed cuffs and a star toe. The cuffs and toes are Regia Trendpoint and the main body of the sock is a very deep stash Regia Creativ sock blank that I’ve had in stash for ages.
- And last but not least, no progress on this either. Snow Goose: A new DK shawl design that I’m working on. This is worked out of DK alpaca and is really lovely, but I’ve stalled as I need to work out the numbers for the edging
Although I made little or no progress on many of my prpjects,, one wip from last month is finished and a new one cast on.The bulk of my attention this month has been taken up with a new design that will be released in a few days, the proceeds of which will be used to rescue migrants at sea. I’ve finished quite a few samples which you’ll have seen some of if you follow me on instagram. I’ve also this month, cast on, knitted and finished a Lopi for my eldest boy, I’m not quite sure how that happened!!!