I’ll show the pretty pictures first
I finished this cardigan, my version of Peggy Sue in June 2013, and only wore it twice.
The neckline was dreadful on me, far to high and unflattering on me, and because I have narrow shoulders and there were no no short rows at the back, I couldn’t wear it open without the wretched thing falling off. When I finished it I put a little yarn aside so that I could steek it, my Ravelry notes talk about doing so, but I didn’t, the cardigan was relegated to the back of the wardrobe and I moved on. About a year ago I snipped the front neckline out (after first reinforcing it with some machine stitching) and popped it into my works in progress box where it’s sat until the recent news reports of a super cold winter and my desire to stock up a woolies now
This is how it was when I pulled it out of the wips box. (well it was rather more crumpled and sorry looking, but you get the idea)
The first thing that I did was that I removed the ribbing at the back neckline and picked up stitched all way around.
I worked short rows across the back neckline from the front raglan line back wards (I did 6 w+t each side)
Then I worked a border of twisted rib.
I covered the cut edges at the front neckline with bias tape.
And for a bit of fun embroidered some flowers
I’m very pleased to say that this cardigan has already seen more wear since it’s been refashioned, than it did in the previous two years.